Please be advised that effective 1st March 2023, the South African Revenue Service requires additional information to be included on a receipt issued to donors in terms of Section 18A(2)(a) of the Income Tax Act, 1962.
The following information needs to be included over and above the current requirements, for a section 18A receipt to be valid:
- The nature of the donor: natural person, company, trust, etc.;
- If a person: donor’s ID or passport number (and country of issue);
- If a company or trust: the donor’s registration number;
- Income tax reference number of the donor (if available);
- Contact number of the donor;
- Email address of the donor;
- A unique receipt number; and
- Trading name of the donor (if different from the registered name).
We offer a wide range of specialist services, including tax consulting and tax compliance. Should you need our advice or assistance, contact your contact Partner at MGI Bass Gordon. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 021 405 8500.
The article is a general information sheet and should not be used or relied upon as professional advice. No liability can be accepted for any errors or omissions nor for any loss or damage arising from reliance upon any information herein. Always contact your financial adviser for specific and detailed advice.