1. Why should I choose MGI?
MGI Bass Gordon isn’t afraid to do things differently, our approach to your training and future career is dynamic, entrepreneurial, and very personal. Our objective is to develop well-rounded, professional Chartered Accountants. The experience you receive during your training at MGI will ensure that you achieve the SAICA competencies required to register as a Chartered Accountant in South Africa.
Given our history and industry knowledge, we are able to offer our trainees exciting career development opportunities with broad-based business exposure. As a trainee, you will have the chance to see the inner workings of some of the country’s most successful private companies and non-profit organisations. This unique exposure gives trainees a deep understanding of business fundamentals to set them up for greater success as their careers continue to grow.
MGI Bass Gordon has an open-door policy that enables you to have direct contact with our partners, managers, and supervisors. This is a huge advancement for your growth and development as a professional.
Finally, we have a fun and social work environment. We organise events for our staff regularly, such as monthly meanders, after-work drinks, department-specific events, social fund events, and public holiday celebrations. We also pride ourselves on being involved in the community and taking part in numerous social responsibilities activities during the year.
In summary, some of the great benefits that the Bass offers to trainees include:
- Wide client-industry exposure
- Hands-on contact with clients
- An open-door policy & commitment to collaboration with all levels of management
- Continuous learning & development opportunities with study support
- A positive & supportive culture
- Secondment recommendations after completion of the training contract
- Our mentorship program covering technical & personal development
- A modern, digital working environment
- Access to mental health & wellness counsellors
- Working experience within diverse teams
- A solid work-life balance & flexibility of a hybrid working environment
- Social events
- Life in a world class city, namely, Cape Town